Friday, March 16, 2012

Scrotz the Steampunk Cat

So... I broke my camera, but it's fixed now!

(aand since it's fixed) I can now show you Scrotz my Steampunked cat!
(Hoorah!) but first (Boo~) I want to share a bit of backstory on him. I made him steampunk because a local author challenged me to make a steampunk doll (sadly, I cannot remember her name, but by the 31st I should be in possession of her new book!). I stressed for a really long time on how to make a steampunk doll. I am, after all, not talented enough to crochet gears, but I thought a girl would be pretty easy. The thing is, I crochet a lot of girls and well... I wanted a change. I also had no freaking clue how to go about crocheting a steampunk boy. Eventually though, I came up with a brilliant idea to crochet a steampunk animal. I toyed with the idea of bunnies for a while but ultimately I settled on a cat.

This is not the point where I show you a picture.

This is in fact the point when I explain that Scrotz (my cat) is named after a physicist named Schrödinger.
Here's a video explaining the irony behind his name using stick figures:

and now that we've all had our learning experience for the day, here's a picture of my beloved Scrotz:
He does actually have a left ear (that's stage left for my theatre readers), and that yellow thing in his hand is a pocket watch not a ball of yarn (thankyouverymuchlittlesister).
I hope you have all enjoyed a glance at geek culture, and I will return with either a new post or the name of that author I mentioned earlier.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment