Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Amigurumi

I started crocheting over the summer. I don't know why, but I did. The first thing I made was a really bad headband that increases and decreases at random points.
I won't show pictures.
Despite the fact that it's incredibly badly made I still wear it. In fact... I'm wearing it now. After the really bad headband though I wanted to make a doll. I don't know why I thought I had the mad skills to make a doll, but um... it happened.
I made it for my friend who really likes anime. Specifically, she likes Ouran High School Host Club, so I modeled her doll after the main character, Tamaki.

Here's what he looks like:


So I found TheGoldenJellyBean's tutorial for Sackboys on Youtube and after spending about a week learning how to crochet circles I spent several days making my doll. My first day lasted until 4am and I learned that adding hair takes forever.
Here's my finished project:
(Aaaw...)
Isn't he cute? Anyway, I'm quite impressed with my first attempt at a doll; he was a bit bald though, so minutes before I handed him off I added quite a bit of hair to his head.

End transmission!

No comments:

Post a Comment