Monday, December 19, 2011

Unda da Sea

Alright sing it with me now:
(Yes, I supplied you with lyrics because hello? How awkward would it be if you sang it wrong?)
Cue: Spasmodic dancing (while reading; multitask people!)

So once upon a time (a few months ago actually) I got an order from my dad's boss. His daughter absolutely loves The Little Mermaid. Clearly the girl has excellant taste, and her dad, fully supporting this excelland taste, hired me to make his daughter an Ariel doll. Now before all the true Disney fans come crawling out of the woodwork and nail me to the ceiling I just want to say one thing.
I know it should be purple, but pink is the little girl's favorite color.
Here's the finished project:


Now, once again this was before my dolls had mouths. I still think she's adorable without it, but as soon as I'm done with this blog post I will start my second Ariel doll and she actually will have a mouth.

The other thing I want to adress is her fabulous little background that I obviously designed in paint.
Well.
Funny story.
You see, I took the original picture of the doll on my kitchen floor in the middle of the night. Why? Because the doll was due the next morning and I'd only just found my camera. Unfortunately, it being extremely late and the only illumination coming from that blinding flash my camera gave off I failed to see the crushed chip crumbs laying mere inches from poor Ariel's head. When I finally glanced at the picture a few days later I realized what I had done and paniced. Then I reopened it in paint, and painstakingly colored that picture in such a way that it altered nothing on the doll itself. Yupp, that's right I zoomed in at 400x took that stupid little pencil app and made sure that not a single red microfibre was doodled over.
I am dedicated!
What's that? the songs over? Well then, now you have to stop your spasmodic dancing, get on youtube and find a new song (preferably Disney related) and start all over again!
Until next time my dears!

No comments:

Post a Comment