Friday, January 11, 2013

And Then She Began to Doubt Herself



So, I got an email from Joann's Fabric Store stating that I could take an additional 15% off of a sale-priced item. I was pretty sure this was perfect because the fabric I absolutely had to have for my skirt was already 40% off. That meant I was getting it for 55% off. I could not pass this up. I absolutely had to have this fabric. It was too perfect. It was everything I could ever want from material ever.
It was also really expensive.
I don't know how much you know about fabric, but Brocade tends to be one of the pricier ones. Regular price, this stuff runs about $9.99 a yard for the cheap stuff. I needed two yards and I needed to operate on a budget with this fabric.
Not convinced?
Look at this beautiful swatch I found on the Internet, because I don't have a camera right now:




I bought two yards of this for my skirt, and I love it.
Love. It.
We are getting married.
Invitations to follow.
(If you would like to buy your own fabric click here).


I am going to caution you though, don't bother with those wimpy 15% off sale-priced item coupons. Go for the gold and hold out until you get at least a 20% and if you can manage it get a 25%.I got one a week after I paid for my brocade, but I'm not letting it bother me because maybe the fabric wouldn't have been on sale by the time I got a decent coupon. This is almost a mantra by now...
Money Spent: $10.89

Money Left: $28.45
Coupons Used: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment