Sunday, January 6, 2013

And Then There Was Less Money

So the theme for my friend's prom is 1700's. I don't know how the committee is spinning this, but I know how I'm spinning it...

My dress will be a combination of two things that I'm obsessed with:
1) Disney
2) Steampunk

Do you know what the best part is? My date likes the Steampunk idea so much she wants in. She was at the fabric store with her mom the other day looking for ideas (she's a total Otaku, so I'm sure there will be a little Oriental vibe thrown in for good measure).

Guess who else was at the fabric store recently?
If you guessed "That author of this blog" then congratulations you've done better than any contestant ever on What the Hell is That Supposed to Be? If you didn't, you're in good company.

Of course, you might actually have been in good company since the fabric section of Walmart doesn't necessarily mean I was in a fabric store. So why was I there? Why to get a pattern for my dress of course!
My dress comes in three parts:
1) Top
2) Bottom
3) Middle

 I basically just blew $10.66 on the middle.

I'm a little embarrassed to say that it wasn't even on the supplies to make the middle. It was just the pattern... (But Walmart had it for the cheapest and I needed it!!!)
Not convinced?
Feast your eyes!
So, I'm going to do a final tally and then leave you:
Money Spent: $10.66
Money Left: $39.34
Coupons Used: 0
I am so hopeless...

No comments:

Post a Comment